Thursday, June 16, 2011

Back?

So, things got pretty hectic for a while. I'd like to say I'm back but I just don't know. The summer is upon us and I do have more time but let's just see where this goes. Over the last few weeks I started screwing around with my MILs camera she told us to play with and got some cool shots so this is what I've been up to & wanted to put them somewhere.

This was taken in my garden this morning. These flowers, Arizona sunflowers, are just so pretty. I love the colors and couldn't pass up this opportunity.


This one was taken a little earlier in the morning. I think because the background looks so dark it almost looks like the flower is giving off light:

I have several of these flowers in my garden to ward off pests:

I joined a group yesterday that has themes each week for photos and encourages everyone to join. It's called MCP Project 52. This week's theme was Make it Tasty. The picture below is one of the shots I took but not the exact picture I used.



Another pretty flower. I have lots of yellow flowers & I like to shoot my yellow flowers in the morning:

Ok, so sometimes I mix it up a bit with some purple. I'm a little picky. I like color schemes in the garden so I tend to pick blues, yellows, & purples. I love those colors together.

Here is a picture of Ella & her good friend, Meredith. It was a beautiful evening and they just finished practice. I wonder what they are talking about. Probably something about the crazy woman who won't stop snapping pictures behind them.

This is Meredith's little sister, Ava. She's so cute. Her hair reminded me of the roaring twenties so sepia seemed to fit. It almost looks like she is setting up for a day at the beach, doesn't it?



Well. That's all for now. I'll be out and about taking pictures and learning new techniques. We'll see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers