Monday, September 12, 2011

Cinnamon & Chocolate Chip Yumminess

Good morning and welcome to Muffin Monday #2. I skipped last Monday because it was Labor Day and also the day after someone's birthday celebration and well, let's just say I, um, I mean that someone wasn't up to feeling like muffins that morning, or afternoon, or even that evening. Yikes! That was a rough morning if I'm being honest. Really felt all of those 30-somethin years.

Anyhoo, daughter #1, big E, Ella Bean as I call her, requested something with chocolate chips for this week's recipe. I only had about half a bag of mini chocolate chips available because we had gone to a pot luck and I made The Pioneer Woman's Cleta Bailey's Toffee Squares with the other half. Let me just say I have not tried a Pioneer Woman recipe that wasn't sensational. She is an inspiration!

So, I was looking for a recipe that didn't just have chocolate chips as a main ingredient. I decided to just mix it up a bit and came up with this Cinnamon & Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe:


Cinnamon & Chocolate Chip Muffins


Dry:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 packed brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips (we used the mini kind)

Wet:
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup milk


  1. Preheat oven to 400°. 
  2. In a large bowl, sift all dry ingredients together. 
  3. In a medium bowl, combine wet ingredients. 
  4. Add wet ingredients into dry and stir just until moistened. 
  5. Mix in chocolate chips.
  6. Fill greased muffin tins or cupcake liners 2/3 full.
  7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden.
Then, try not to stuff your face because these are scrumptious! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers