Monday, October 3, 2011

That Ship is Bananas

Good afternoon my lovelies. I have been saving this recipe for a while. I don't know why. Maybe just wanted to get those bananas at the perfect ripeness to make them. On a side note does anyone else sing that Gwen Stefani song when they spell bananas, as in that sh-t is bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s. When Ella was little she loved that song so we told her they were singing that Ship is Bananas so that is exactly what she sang. Wish we could get away with that now. Whatever works, right?

Anyway, if you guessed banana nut muffins for today's treat you are correct, sir. Or madam. Whatever the case may be. So, I had so much going on this weekend I needed to go to my 'go-to muffin recipe'. This is actually a recipe for my banana bread in muffin form. I don't use wheat flour a lot in my baking but the texture of the bananas and cinnamon blends so well with the wheat flour that these muffins really benefit from the use of it.

Banana Nut Muffins


  • 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup wheat flour (or you could use 1 1/2 cups white-wheat flour instead of the 2 separate flours)
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 egg whites, slgihtly beaten
  • 1 cup mashed banana
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup cooking oil
  • 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)



  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
  3. Mix eggs, banana, sugar, and oil in a large bowl.
  4. Stir flour slowly into banana mixture just until moistened.
  5. Stir in nuts.
  6. Spoon equal amounts of batter into 12 muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers