Thursday, September 22, 2011

Feeling Crafty

This is the best time of day for me, just after the kids are off to school and the chaos dies down a bit. The morning sun is casting the perfect light for beautiful pictures, like this:



I have a gazillion pictures of the sky, most in the morning, but not exclusively. Does anyone else take this many pictures of the sky? I just love natural beauty, hence why I have so many of the sky, of flowers, & of my girlies.

Here's a few more, just cuz I want to share the stormy sky and because we are finally getting some much needed rain here in Texas and the sky has been void of any clouds all summer that it just makes these that much more gorgeous.





So, anyway, I'm sitting here, wishing I could work on my goods for my Etsy store but need to start my regular work instead. So I put it off anyway and I go to order supplies and lo and behold everyone(!) is out of the tiles that I JUST discovered that are perfect for necklaces that I plan to sell in my shop: Pixie Feet Photography. I originally bought 4 squares and 8 circles to see how those would work. Turns out the squares are perfect but now they are nowhere to be found. Every resource I had found them on a few weeks back is out of stock for some reason and I cannot find them in any of the local big box craft stores. Poor me. I went ahead and ordered the smallest squares to see what I could do with them because I needed to get glaze anyway so I might as well get everything at once. So, crossing my fingers I can do something with those. Also, ordered another batch of photos I am excited to get. I wonder if someone else had the same idea I did and ordered those tiles all for themselves? Boohoo. Guess I'll start on the headbands, which is my 2nd idea. Here is a sample of what I'll be doing:


I have a huge collection of buttons that my grandmother collected over the years and am going to be adding them to the headbands. I believe they would count as vintage. She passed away in the late nineties and many of her buttons were still on the original strip, with copyright dates in the sixties. In this shot you can kind of see one of them. I am glad to use them for something pretty and useful and hopefully others will like them too.


So, on to boring work (bleh) and then hopefully I can squeeze in a little time to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers