Monday, September 26, 2011

It's a Doughnut. It's a Muffin. It's Both!

Oh Monday, my old friend. I have a genuine love and hate relationship with you. I love starting everything new each week with your presence but at the same time I can see the long list of things that have to be accomplished before you come back round again. 

One thing I do not mind doing, however, is Muffin Monday. This week, I happened upon a good-looking muffin recipe while searching through Pinterest. You can see my own Pinterest page here. Anyway, it's a Doughnut Muffin. The recipe came from Once Upon a Chef & I just could not resist making them. What could be better, right. I know! We've got another winning recipe here. Everyone loved them. Corey did think they tasted a little 'off' at first but he snatched one right after I pulled them out of the oven and before the topping was put on. He said once the topping was on it straightened the taste up and was very good. I wouldn't know what they tasted like straight out of the oven because I have, ahem, self control. What? I do. Ok, sometimes I do. Here is picture of this double-duty muffin:



And don't skip that topping. It really does make it taste like a cinnamon sugar cake doughnut!

The recipe can be found at Once Upon a Chef. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers